2012年1月25日水曜日

When Did Noritake Make The Pattern Dee

when did noritake make the pattern dee

StoneGable: The Swan Table


The Swan Table:

This swan soup tureen sits on my dinning room table all year 'round. Rarely do I use it as a centerpiece in a tablescape, but it is really center stage worthy.

Today's table is formal... using very old and traditional elements. Quiet colors reign against a dark table. I wanted this table to speak of the past, because these adornments have been collected for ages and some are almost 100 years old. I am so comfortable in a style that is a marriage of the past and present.  A collected feel is how I would describe it.

The inspiration for the table was not the swan but the antique cut crystal and silver coffee carafe (or wine) my daughter and son-in-law gave me for Christmas.


I also decided to dig out my Noritake "M" porcelain china. I purchased this 14 years ago just before we moved into our present home. I found this set in a local antique store. I am not sure what the pattern is, but with some brief investigation, it was made by Noritake anywhere from 1914-1940ish. I love yellow and wanted to use it in my built in hutch.


The colors are very light and like a gentle whisper of a yellow. The china has a hand painted gold scallopped edge around the rim.

I am particularly fond of the square salad/dessert plates. Square dishes are not a new phenomenon after all!

When I first saw this china it was the cup and saucer that captivated me! I knew I wanted to have a cup of hot something from it. I thought they were so beautiful and delicate. The detail inside the cups gave them such quiet importance.


I also loved the lines of the sugar bowl and creamer. These were not just auxillary pieces, they commanded to be noticed. I am using a sterling silver sugar spoon my mother-in-law gave me as a gift many years ago.

No tablecloth for today's tablescape- I wanted the beautiful mahogany wood to continue the traditional feel.

Ivory damask placemats and antique linen and ivory cotton lace napkins add texture and softness to the table. The detail in the lace and the napkin itself is lovely. Simply folded napkins show off the detail best.

The tall stemware were passed down to me from my Grandmother. They were her wedding crystal.

Fluted and slightly iridescent, very reminiscent of  the early 1920's, Nani's glasses grace another table 70 years later. I use and enjoy my beloved things.

The little cordial glasses were a Goodwill find. I paid $3.00 for all of them! They are etched with a floral design and I thought they would be very pretty on this table.


Can you imagine my surprise when I opened this beauty on Christmas morning? Heavy and detailed, what a magnificent and thoughtful piece! My daughter, Jacqueline and her husband Jonathan found it in a Washington DC antique shop. It was waiting for me!!!!

Uncluttered and understated, I wanted the elements in this tablescape to shine. I wanted the formality and elegance to come from fine pieces simply put together.

With my china I have many serving pieces. A small dish and an ornate silver spoon finds a place on a corner of the table.

Yellow Primroses in Waterford bowls add a splash of color to an otherwise soft color palate. I couldn't resist these little harbinger's of spring in the dead of winter!

The Swan was a purchase from a shop in Alexanderia, Virginia just after we built our present home. Graceful and stately, I must admit it is one of my favorite things!


This tablescape was a joy to create because it displays some of the pieces I love the most.

Collected or gifted, these treasures of the heart are filled with memories.


I am participating in Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan at Between Naps On The Porch. Don't miss seeing all the creativity!



These are our most popular posts: when did noritake make the pattern dee

Did anyone register for China? « Weddingbee Boards

My Mikasa pattern Parchment also has a large 8-place setting complete set that runs around six hundred but was almost always on sale at Macys. I know it was on sale for just ... 816 posts. Busy bee. Mrs. Dee to Bee January 30, 2010 Louisville, KY (Wedding in TX) ... I was told by my aunt that its pointless to even register for china, because you normally dont get most of the place settings and end up with half the set, and even if you do get it all, you hardly use it... I was shopping at the ... read more

Im A CSN Stores Preferred Blogger - $80 Gift Card Giveaway

Make sure to leave a separate comment for EACH thing you do. 1- For TWO extra entries, subscribe to my blog via email. .... I adore the Euroquest Imports Polish Pottery 11 Dinner Plate - Pattern DU60 - 1014-DU60 The polish patterns are gorgeous! andrea.kruse at gmail dot com .... Love the Noritake Colorwave Cream Dinnerware Collection...simple and stylish and perfect for showing off some yummy eats! August 13, 2010 1:21 PM Bullfrogs Butterflies Baby ... read more

White Spray Paint: Christmas Dishes Part I

This morning, I began playing with my Christmas dishes, in planning for upcoming holiday get-togethers. I paired this pattern ... The history books would say, "She set out on a long, arduous journey looking for Noritake…" IMGP0391 ... I dont know these patterns. Also love the one in your header! All so lovely. Ive one large salad bowl in the Bordallo cabbage leaf pattern, but long for a set of charges in this pattern. Hopefully someday they will find me. Vietri has some ... read more

giving blog: Noritake Centura Cream 20-Piece Set, Service for 4

I wanna tell you that had been gotten Noritake Centura Cream 20-Piece Set, Service for 4 - products not long ago. It been effectived exactly as discounted. Amazing unit. Users hospitable to the ideas that I did not need to read through any details to operate. Grateful I made the spend money on. I would would suggest this ... Dan Dee Animated Singing Puppy Sings Do You Love ... Smorkin Labbit ... Wool Thread Mirror Embroidery Pattern Shawl Scarfs... Style Co ... read more

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム